Doing Business with CSU
Colorado State University is an Institution of Higher Education in the State of Colorado and as such is governed by the Colorado State University Procurement Rules. The University has established a centralized Procurement and Contracting Services that is responsible for the procurement of all services and materials utilized by the University system.
Included in this system are
- Main campus
- Judson Harper Foothills Research Campus at Fort Collins
- Agricultural Experiment Station and its stations throughout Colorado
- Extension Service and its offices around the state
- Colorado State Forest Service
- Numerous farm and livestock installations throughout Colorado
Tax Exemption Numbers
As an agency of the State of Colorado, the University is exempt from all federal, state and local taxes.
- Federal Exemption Certificate number: A-138714.
- State Tax Number: 98-02381.
Fiscal year dates
The University's fiscal year is July 1 through June 30.
Businesses are invited to attend informational sessions with Procurement Services. These monthly meetings allow businesses to meet Procurement Specialists that procure their good(s) or service(s). Attendees will also learn more about doing business with CSU. Interested? Please reach out to email@example.com to reserve your space and receive a Microsoft Teams link.
Trial and demonstration of products
- Equipment and merchandise may be placed in a University Department for a short-term trial or demonstration after receiving approval from the proper Purchasing Agent.
- For demonstrations or display of product lines, contact the appropriate Purchasing Agent who will advise you on the proper procedures to follow, and direct you to the University source responsible for arrangements.
- Risk insurance coverage on trial merchandise is solely the responsibility of the vendor.
- Leaving products or materials for evaluation in no way obligates the University.