PCard Certification of Lost or Unavailable Transaction
- If you do not have documentation from the merchant, contact the merchant to provide the documentation.
- Complete this form whenever you are unable to provide documentation from the merchant for a PCard transaction.
- Fill out all fields through the Cardholder Certification Signature.
- Give the completed and signed form to your PCard Approver.
Procurement Card Certification of Lost or Unavailable Transaction Documentation is required for any PCard transaction that is not accompanied by documentation from the merchant.
Repeated use of this form as substitute documentation could result in revocation of your University credit card.
Documentation from the merchant is required for EVERY PCard transaction. Valid source documentation may be:
- A receipt and/or card transaction slip from the merchant.
- An order form for dues, subscriptions, registrations, or similar items.
- An invoice showing credit card payment.
- E-mail confirmation received for an Internet transaction.
- A packing slip from the delivery, however, a receipt or invoice is best.
Approver Determination Instructions
Determine the status for the transaction based on the following guidelines
No PCard Violation
There is no violation if the approving official determines there has been no willful or negligent default on the part of the Cardholder and the charges appear appropriate for University business. Factors in determining willful or negligent default include that the Cardholder has tried and, through no fault of his/her own, been unable to obtain documentation from the merchant, and the Cardholder is normally responsible and consistent with providing acceptable documentation.
Action: A copy of this completed form is to be kept with the Cardholder’s PCard statement which lists this transaction.
A transaction where the Cardholder has failed to provide documentation for a charge that appears appropriate for University business but the Cardholder is a chronic violator.
The status of a chronic violator is determined by the Approver and / or Procurement Services. S/he will investigate the number and nature of the Cardholder’s violations and their impact on the Department and the University. The Approver and / or Procurement Services will use sound judgement to arrive at a conclusion.
Action: A copy of this completed form is to be kept with the Cardholder’s PCard statement which lists this transaction. A violation warning form is to be completed and sent to Procurement Services.
PCard Violation and Suspected Fiscal Misconduct
A transaction for which the Cardholder has failed to provide documentation from the merchant and the charge does NOT appear to be appropriate for University business.
Action: A copy of this completed form is to be kept with the Cardholder’s PCard statement which lists
A violation warning form is to be completed and sent to Procurement Services.
Suspected fiscal misconduct is to be reported as outlined in the Financial Rules and and Procedures, Rule 1.8, Reporting Fiscal Misconduct.