PCard Violation Warning Form Instructions
The Approver must make a determination if a transaction is a PCard violation or not. Once the determination has been made that a transaction is an PCard violation, the Approver should follow these instructions.
Approver contacts Cardholder
Obtain an explanation from the Cardholder of why this purchase was made on a University credit card and what has been done to correct the situation.
Approver reviews Cardholder’s Violation History
Review the Cardholder’s PCard violation history to determine if the Cardholder has had repeated PCard violations. This history will contribute to the decision to warn the Cardholder or to revoke the University credit card. Approver may request a Transaction Violation Report from Procurement Services and / or check to see if the department has a separate “Violations File.”
For chronic history of violations and / or suspected fiscal misconduct, PCard Status - University Credit Card will be revoked. This includes personal purchase which was not immediately reported upon discovery and corrected, or for cash or cash-type transaction. Suspected fiscal misconduct is to be reported as outlined in the Financial Rules and Procedures, Rule 1.8, Reporting Fiscal Misconduct. Contact Procurement Services to inform them of the actions being taken.
Approver and / or Procurement Services determine PCard status for Cardholder
Determine the Card Status based on the following circumstances:
- Split purchases
- Inappropriate purchases
- Chronic lack of documentation
- Personal purchase which was immediately reported and reimbursed or credited by the merchant
- Non-compliance with current polices as stated in the PCard Program Handbook
The status of a chronic violator is determined by the Approver and/or Procurement Services, who will investigate the number and nature of the Cardholder’s violations and their impact on the department and the University.
The Approver and/or Procurement Services will use sound judgment to arrive at one of two conclusions:
- PCard Status – University Credit Card will not be revoked at this time. If the Cardholder’s PCard history indicates that the Cardholder does not have chronic violations of any type, the Approver and/or Procurement Services may determine that the card will not be revoked at this time. Any second offense is cause to revoke the credit card.
- PCard Status – University Credit card will be revoked at this time. If the Cardholder’s PCard history indicates that the Cardholder has a chronic history of violations of any type, the Approver should revoke the card.
Approver Completes PCard Violation Form
Approver indicates the appropriate determination in the Approver Determination, Certification, Signature & Action section of the form.
Approver obtains the Cardholder signature
Approver obtains the Cardholder signature in the Cardholder Certification Signature section on the form.
Approver takes appropriate action regarding card revocation
Approver and/or Procurement Services takes the appropriate action identified based on the circumstance and / or category indicated on the PCard Violation Warning form.